Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Llegada de Londres


I left my hostel in London at 9 AM, glad to have got breakfast, but not so happy with three hours of fitful sleep. The tube ride to Heathrow was devoid of problems. Then I realised I was not entering an airport but a maximum security prison.
I passed through three security checkpoints, had my passport checked five times, my boarding pass examined four times, and then had two bottles of water confiscated. All of this to get on an Air India flight to New York that was delayed an hour and half to wait for a team of one hundred twelve soccer players between the ages of ten and sixteen. Did I mention the kids had already been on a plane from Delhi for six hours? They were a mite stir-crazy.
So, some adventurous flights for me this summer. What more can happen?

No comments: