Monday, July 21, 2008

Time to get to work

Today is the day I really get down to it and start my job search.  The first thing I had to do was take a look at my resume and make sure it is ready to be submitted.  Luckily I had to update and prepare my resume as part of my portfolio requirement at HPU, so this should be easy.

I had to change my address from Hawaii to New York, although if I am honest, I wish I was still in Hawaii.  

I had to change a few dates as well.  Some things that were listed as present when I completed this resume in late April now have an end date.  

I also had to add some more detail to some of my descriptions, as my prospective employers will not be familiar with some HPU activities and jobs that required less explanation in the portfolio.

After completing on-line searches through Monster.com and craislist I have a solid list of possibilities.  Most of them ask for a cover letter and resume submitted by e-mail.  This saves paper and postage, which is a good thing, I just hope including my resume in the body of the e-mail, as they request, does not interfere with the formatting and make it difficult to read.

At any rate, I am off to write some cover letters, further updates as actions occur.

4 comments:

Dan said...

I hope your job search goes better than mine has over the past couple of years: Dozens of applications, one interview, no results. Things could be worse.

Catherine said...

A good resume is important but a great cover letter is esential to job hunting success. Do make time to write a good one.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job search. Like Dan, mine has sucked so I hope yours goes better.
Sorry you couldn't get to Shea to see the Giants. I, however, get to see Red Sox Yankees in Fenway Sunday night. EEEEE! My first BOS v NYY game in person ever. YAY!!!! Hope NYC is good for you otherwise :)

whatsapp plus apk said...

Thanks for sharing it. boat stone 1000