Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Job Hunt

I started checking on-line listings today for ESL Teaching jobs in Manhattan.  Pickings were rather slim on monster.com, as well as Craig's List.  There were part-time positions at a couple of language schools which I am going to follow up on.  There were also some tutoring positions available.  At this point I would rather tutor because of the added flexibility, unfortunately, most of the tutoring positions were for math and science, definitely not my strong suit.  

Next week, once I am in the city, I can pound the pavement and visit some language schools in person.  If nothing else, maybe I can hang a poster on their bulletin boards and get some private students.  The next week or two will be devoted to moving in and settling, so if it is a few weeks before I start making some money, I can live with that.

No comments: